Welcome to "What's in your changing bag?"; my weekly Tuesday feature where I ask one Yummy Mummy (or Daddy) to share the innermost secrets of their changing bag, and the five items they couldn't possibly live without!
This week I'm joined by lovely new blogger Rhi.
Hi, my name is Rhi and I am a new mum to L who was born in June this year. I am usually a teacher, but am a full time mummy for a year until I have to return to the classroom. I enjoy baking, but love eating cake more!! My blog is a new venture and place to share.
Excellent - welcome to Motherhood and the land of Blogging!
What would you say is your favourite thing about being a Mutti?
The smiles, how much closer it has brought me and my hubby... and the long cuddles with a snuggly newborn.
Enjoy the newborn cuddles - she'll soon be trying to roll off you!
What would you say is the hardest thing about being a Mutti?
The hardest thing is certainly the never ending need. I've found this the hardest element of breast feeding, especially in the first three weeks.
It is definitely hard.
What three words would you use to describe Motherhood?
Rewarding, exhausting, fattening!
Haha! Maternity leave isn't great for the waist...!
How do you preserve/maintain your sense of self?
I make time every day to shower and put on a bit of make up. Also writing now gives me something else to think about between baby care.
Finally, if you could share one piece of Motherhoodly wisdom with us all what would it be?
It is a tough job but take every day as it comes. Also, don't expect too much of yourself or your baby too soon.
Fantastic advice Rhi!
It's business time! What make is your changing bag?
I would certainly recommend you check out Pacapod's website... They are my dream bags! What are the five items in your changing bag that you just can't live without?
1. Lamaze Freddie the Firefly Toy. L has just started to be interested in toys and is reaching out and talking to this firefly a lot! I have a bit of the thing for Lamaze toys and would buy lots more if Daddy Morkus let me.
2. Yardley English Rose. No one wants to smell of sick and milk so I pop a can of this in my changing bag. I first used it on my wedding day so it also has lots of happy memories for me.
3. Muslins. Lots of them, and one extra large one that I can swaddle L in, as also seen on Prince George! They mop up all sins and also make changing tables when we are out and about a bit more appealing.
4. Camera. My family live by the sea and would much rather be with me and L every day. I take lots of photos to share with them either on my phone or this point and shoot.
5. Loveyush scarf. I am currently breast feeding L full time so being able to feed discreetly in public is important. This scarf is really easy to pop over my head and smuggle L onto my boob underneath.
Thanks for sharing the contents of your changing bag with us, Rhi! Loveyush scarves are wonderful (you can read my review here!) and Lamaze toys are fabulous!
Rhi's blog is The Life and Times of Mummy Morkus and she tweets as @MummyMorkus.